Monday, August 22, 2011

The reason for this blog / third time's a charm

I'm currently 24 weeks pregnant with my first baby. I'm 26, married and living in London doing.... well.... thanks for asking.... nothing. My husband and I moved here in February, I got pregnant in March (first try surprise!) and I have a lot of time on my hands. I've researched the hell out of this pregnancy. I've spent way too many hours looking at and comparing various baby products. And I'm pretty sure I need to be banned from ebay as my baby purchasing power is off the charts.

Other than a way to add something mildly productive to my day, a blog will also be a super handy way for me to pass information on pregnancy and baby on to my friends - precisely 0% of whom are currently close to being at the "let's make babies!" stage of their respective relationships.

Folks, I am the guinea pig and I would like to share my internet-garnered knowledge and my to-the-minute experiences with my close friends.

Attempt number one at writing such a blog was started during the 2ww. For those who do not speak baby-message-board, that means "the two week wait." Aka, the time in between when you have sex and when a pregnancy test will come out positive. If you know me well, you can understand when I say that the first postings on that one were obsessive, extremely over-detailed (when is it ever okay to let anyone other than your doctor know when you may have conceived?!), and very convoluted.

Attempt number two was doomed from the get-go. I had read that morning sickness started at 6 weeks. So at five weeks I decided it was a GREAT time to start a baby blog combined with a cooking blog! Four days and three posts later morning sickness and nausea struck. I LOVE to cook and bake when I'm not 6 - 18 weeks pregnant. When I'm 6 - 18 weeks pregnant I would MURDER you if you suggested I get in the kitchen. 24-7 nausea and revulsion to the vast majority of food products makes for a less than optimal food blogger. Needless to say this blog attempt #2 died an untimely yet necessary death.

So here we are at attempt-at-a-blog number three. Third time's a charm.

And now here is a picture from last week:

23 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment